Friday, December 24, 2004

Weihnachten!

Hallo from Deutschland! Today we walked into the village to get some last minute Christmas shopping done. Went to the butchers, to the wine merchant, that kind of thing. As I write this, Gisela and the girls are off buying the tree. A last minute purchase, but one that saves money apparently. I think it's a great idea, really. I think it's funny how people have Christmas trees for so long.

Last night we went out to Das Kaffeehaus to meet Vera's friends. It was nice to see some of her friends from school I met 8 years ago. But the place is so smoky, I am really suffering today. I feel like I smoked an entire packet of cigarettes last night. And I have never actually smoked in my life. I think it's an awful habit personally, but the number of smokers here in Germany is phenomenal. I noticed it 8 years ago, and it hasn't changed much, if at all. Scott and I noticed on the tour, that smokers in Europe seem to be so inconsiderate of others. At least in Australia, most people think about others before lighting up. Ah well, the beauty of cultural differences, right??

Anyway, there is a tree to be decorated etc.

Frohe Weihnachten, Merry Christmas!!

No comments: