Monday, July 26, 2004

Stupid Work

I spoke to the boss at work today. I had made enquiries about taking a leave of absence from work while Scott and I are overseas. It came back from HR with a no. I have been with the company 8 years, and they give me this? So speaking to the boss, he basically said I have two options. Resign, or apply for 6 months leave, and if I like it too much when I am over there, then resign from Europe. Well, I don't like either option, quite frankly, as they both involve resigning. And I can't, not yet.

So I am going to go to casual status, rather than permanent part-time, as they won't give me any hours anyway, as I am way too expensive as a casual.

So there you have it, you give 8 years of loyal service to one company, and they give you the proverbial finger.

No comments: