Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I had a smashing day off yesterday. I had Sarah and Orlaith over to our flat for a stitch and bitch session! Well, in reality, not much bitching, but lots of chatting and talking to and about Orlaith. She is lovely, getting to be very giggly and excitable, which makes her quite endearing. :-)

Sarah taught me how to knit with four needles. Sounds scarey, but in reality you knit with two and the other two are just holding the other stitches in place. I have started to knit a sock! I bought a sock kit months ago, with self striping wool. I am really enjoying it so far. I will probably take it to Scotland with me and see if I have time to do any knitting.

Speaking of Scotland, we leave tomorrow night! I am so excited! I think I will be doing all the driving, as there was a long wait for licences at the driving authority here, so it will probably arrive when we get back. But I am happy doing the driving. We will be on the sleeper train at quarter to midnight and arrive Friday morning at 7am.

Email me if you want something from Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't mind a bottle or two of Glen Kinchie, if you don't mind!! :o) Anonymous Caroline

Anonymous said...

A good single malt or some haggis? P :-)