Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Photo Catch-Up

Okay. I have been meaning to post some piccies for a while now, so here they are! I am getting excited about going home. I am a bit apprehensive, but that just comes from it being sooooo long since I have been home and seen everyone.

It is supposed to snow again in London. We shall see if it does. It snowed about two weeks ago but this time they are predicting about 4 inches! According to the BBC weather website it shoul begin at 6am, and provide enough snow to shut down the transport system. But realistically, one inch or 20 inches, as soon as it snows here it is bedlam. God knows why. It snows in other countries and they continue to function quite well, so I haven't really figured out why it is such an issue here. :-)
This is an view of the city of Naples from the top of Castel St Elmo. You can see the layer of smog...


A view of Sorrento harbour.


This is Herculaneum. An original wooden window with volcanic ash still on it.

The remains of stairs in Herculaneum.



Sign in Sorrento. Needs no more introduction...

Scarey Game. Seems the object of it is to pull out the diseased teeth with tools. A bit like Operation of my childhood!

Cigarettes anyone? This is the inside of one of those skill tester machines in Naples.

This was the cat who followed us around in Herculaneum. Cute!

Sunset from the plan heading to Naples from London.


This is Dover Castle. We headed there with Lindsay on my day off. See the snow!!

I love this picture of Pompeii. It's currently my desktop picture at work. We were heading back to the entrance to go home at the end of the day. Just a random snap, but the street looks deserted and a bit eerie.

No comments: